Yesterday, I started to make some progress towards my final outcome for the critique exhibition next week. After finishing my latest painting, grant came up to me and talked to me about my last painting, the one with the helmet from multiple sides. He liked the way I used tone and texture and the helmet from multiple angles. Despite my hesitation (and slight annoyance), Grant strongly suggested I continue to paint my helmet from different angles on the page. I know they want to push me, but am sick of doing the same image over and over. Still, I decided to give it a try after finishing my latest piece. My first attempt, drawing my helmet from behind, did not turn out so well. I got so frustrated with it, I decided to do another, this time from the side and opposite of earlier one I did on the page.
Today, I have continued my work and I have made some progress. So far, most of them have turned out well, though I am considering making a Maquette of my helmet from plaster, though It would need to be small and not too big.
For the rest of the day, I continued to work on my piece, finally correcting my drawing of the back of the helmet:
Using white acrylic paint, I painted over my mistake. and once it had dried enough, I painted over it with turquoise. Thanks to a drawing by Kate, I molded the image to resemble the helmet when it was being constructed.This is the basic outline of the helmet.
I’m thinking of doing my own project in-between my studio ones, perhaps something that involves film. We will have to wait and see.
Hopefully, I will finish this piece before Friday.